There are just so many reasons to love the season but where can we even begin?
Ultimately if you’re trying to decide when to host your wedding, you can’t go wrong with a wedding during the months of September, October, or November.
And, with all of the magic that autumn has to offer, I can tell you that it makes for some of the best wedding photos possible.
An autumn wedding is the perfect in-between in terms of weather; it’s no longer hot and dry like it is during summer, but it’s also not yet as cold and overall wet as in winter which serves perfect for a half indoor and half outdoor event.
That fresh crispy weather, the gorgeous foliage, the classic -fragrant- signature spices, and the muted earthy tones that make for stunning paper goods and rich flower arrangements do more than set the perfect background for a nuptial scene and here you will find a range of ideas perfect for any type of Fall Fête from casual to modern, and from rustic to formal.
Cozy throws, dramatic fireplaces, apple-filled baskets… The season’s scarlet, transitional burnt orange and rich ochre hues create an unparalleled backdrop for your portraits and decor.
Centerpieces in the fall’s floral hits mixed with dried subtle foliage and leaves that provide plenty of texture and glam…
We believe that there is a reason why fall has become an increasingly favorite season for weddings, for it allows the prettiest outdoor wedding pictures with a hint of drama.
If you are reading this post you probably don’t need any convincing that fall is a great time to have your wedding.
The breathtaking backdrop of the changing leaves, the flavorful menus with harvest produce, and the seasonal ample cheer combined with the fresh crispness of the air. And, on top of it all, an autumn wedding is just out of the peak wedding season, meaning a better chance of booking your dream venue and the possibility to hire the best vendors!
Whether your wedding plans got hijacked by the corona pandemic, or find yourself completely smitten by the season’s colors and love the coziness of sweater weather, in this post we are looking to inspire you with the wedding of your dreams.
And, I’m super excited to share that there are many ways to profit from what the season has to offer from the ceremony to the reception because every single detail can benefit from some seasonal flair. And that is why last week I joined a group of several masters in the wedding field to recreate a vision of possibilities.
So, let’s talk about the details….
1) The Location Venue: Choose a location with a lot of characters such as Kasteel Kerckebosch, more clearly, look for a location with the option of indoor and outdoor setting possibilities because in case of rain we must always be prepared with a plan B.
2) A waterproof Hair & Make-up will be always a good idea.
Just in case this happens:
3) When it comes to time… We advise you to schedule couples and family’s photo sessions as early as possible and remember that the days are significantly shorter during these months.
4) Seasonal flower decor… With falls’ greatest hits such as dahlias, golden roses, rust astilbe, or with the latest trend on dried flowers and greenery such as this ones created by our friends at Bloemenservice Nederland; the classic becomes unexpected.
And, don’t you love the flower crowns?
5) Adamant is a venue with plenty of nature within a walking distance for both the bride and groom as for the guests. This is key because in order to make the most beautiful pictures we must have the ceremony, wedding portraits, and reception within close proximity to make the most out of time and daylight.
6) Another aspect to consider should be looking for large windows that let plenty of light inside, this is an indispensable feature to create a romantic yet cozy atmosphere and unforgettable images.
7) For the wedding dress, the weather is perfect to wear those long lace sleeves or to even wear a cape!
8) When it comes to the color palette, get romantic with warm jewel tones, deep greens, a party full of reds and mustards. Or, why not? Get dramatic with “pumpkin, sage, and blush” or, “merlot, peach, and sage”. Mustard, actually, is among the wedding trend colors of this year. So, for added coordination why not ask your guests to dress according to your palette.
9) Love is in the details that make one’s party unforgettable with extra details such as:
Fall works for many couples because it doesn’t compete with family vacations, reunions, and holidays over the summer and spring. Don’t overlook the beauty of fall. Weddings can be even more fun when you add a little twist and uniqueness to it, and every fall wedding can pull that off effortlessly. When deciding autumn is surely a romantic season you will never regret.
With a step beyond the ordinary Bloemen Service Nederland is an enthusiastic flower atelier dedicated to adorning life’s moments.
Recently, and once again I had the opportunity to photograph their brand new Atelier Studio in which they are launching their “Quarantine Flower Experience” and it is pure genius!
Taking into account all the safety corona measures, imagine an intimate afternoon of creativity with your BFF or mom, working with either fresh flowers or dry ones.
The project would be either creating a crown of flowers or a flower cake.
Perfection, because, think about it,… the art of flowers is a symbol of hope as they are the inspiration for lasting memories and we all long for those.
As the proud winners of “Best Bridal Florist in The Netherlands” and “The Best Flower Shop in South Holland”, if you are in the search for magic and quality service be it for a wedding, private event, photoshoot, fair, or company decoration… you’ll find yourself at the right address.
Their atelier is the place where you can feel at liberty to discuss your flower wishes and wildest ideas as you simultaneously are able to look for inspiration LIVE.
And if you love it as much as I do, it can even be rented for a small intimate ceremony.
Flowers are definitely for all of life’s celebrations because flowers are a sign of love.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.