There are just so many reasons to love the season but where can we even begin?
Ultimately if you’re trying to decide when to host your wedding, you can’t go wrong with a wedding during the months of September, October, or November.
And, with all of the magic that autumn has to offer, I can tell you that it makes for some of the best wedding photos possible.
An autumn wedding is the perfect in-between in terms of weather; it’s no longer hot and dry like it is during summer, but it’s also not yet as cold and overall wet as in winter which serves perfect for a half indoor and half outdoor event.
That fresh crispy weather, the gorgeous foliage, the classic -fragrant- signature spices, and the muted earthy tones that make for stunning paper goods and rich flower arrangements do more than set the perfect background for a nuptial scene and here you will find a range of ideas perfect for any type of Fall Fête from casual to modern, and from rustic to formal.
Cozy throws, dramatic fireplaces, apple-filled baskets… The season’s scarlet, transitional burnt orange and rich ochre hues create an unparalleled backdrop for your portraits and decor.
Centerpieces in the fall’s floral hits mixed with dried subtle foliage and leaves that provide plenty of texture and glam…
We believe that there is a reason why fall has become an increasingly favorite season for weddings, for it allows the prettiest outdoor wedding pictures with a hint of drama.
If you are reading this post you probably don’t need any convincing that fall is a great time to have your wedding.
The breathtaking backdrop of the changing leaves, the flavorful menus with harvest produce, and the seasonal ample cheer combined with the fresh crispness of the air. And, on top of it all, an autumn wedding is just out of the peak wedding season, meaning a better chance of booking your dream venue and the possibility to hire the best vendors!
Whether your wedding plans got hijacked by the corona pandemic, or find yourself completely smitten by the season’s colors and love the coziness of sweater weather, in this post we are looking to inspire you with the wedding of your dreams.
And, I’m super excited to share that there are many ways to profit from what the season has to offer from the ceremony to the reception because every single detail can benefit from some seasonal flair. And that is why last week I joined a group of several masters in the wedding field to recreate a vision of possibilities.
So, let’s talk about the details….
1) The Location Venue: Choose a location with a lot of characters such as Kasteel Kerckebosch, more clearly, look for a location with the option of indoor and outdoor setting possibilities because in case of rain we must always be prepared with a plan B.
2) A waterproof Hair & Make-up will be always a good idea.
Just in case this happens:
3) When it comes to time… We advise you to schedule couples and family’s photo sessions as early as possible and remember that the days are significantly shorter during these months.
4) Seasonal flower decor… With falls’ greatest hits such as dahlias, golden roses, rust astilbe, or with the latest trend on dried flowers and greenery such as this ones created by our friends at Bloemenservice Nederland; the classic becomes unexpected.
And, don’t you love the flower crowns?
5) Adamant is a venue with plenty of nature within a walking distance for both the bride and groom as for the guests. This is key because in order to make the most beautiful pictures we must have the ceremony, wedding portraits, and reception within close proximity to make the most out of time and daylight.
6) Another aspect to consider should be looking for large windows that let plenty of light inside, this is an indispensable feature to create a romantic yet cozy atmosphere and unforgettable images.
7) For the wedding dress, the weather is perfect to wear those long lace sleeves or to even wear a cape!
8) When it comes to the color palette, get romantic with warm jewel tones, deep greens, a party full of reds and mustards. Or, why not? Get dramatic with “pumpkin, sage, and blush” or, “merlot, peach, and sage”. Mustard, actually, is among the wedding trend colors of this year. So, for added coordination why not ask your guests to dress according to your palette.
9) Love is in the details that make one’s party unforgettable with extra details such as:
Fall works for many couples because it doesn’t compete with family vacations, reunions, and holidays over the summer and spring. Don’t overlook the beauty of fall. Weddings can be even more fun when you add a little twist and uniqueness to it, and every fall wedding can pull that off effortlessly. When deciding autumn is surely a romantic season you will never regret.
On May 11 this year, the 8 winning photographs in their different categories will be announced.
Good luck to all my talented colleagues!
“Renee’s and Coen’s Real Wedding”
Taking advantage of the fact that I am just nominated with one of the next series of pictures, I wanted to write this blog with the complete wedding publication.
Renee and Coen got married on July 6th, 2019. She is a ballet teacher in the most prominent dance schools in the Netherlands, and he is a technology expert. Together they are one of the friendliest couples I’ve had the honor of working with and documenting such a special day in their lives.
They are of those couples with whom I feel our relationship began professionally and now it has naturally evolved into a genuine friendship and that fills me with joy.
“3 Locations, all within walking distance and a boat trip”
It was an incredibly smart way to save time and enjoy the day without having to worry about moving from one place to the other. My work was at ease and the 12-hour wedding package was well used, fully covered and enjoying every moment of it.
Here, I share with you the impressions of the day, starting with the “Getting Dressed”, each in their own private room in the beautiful Hotel Boutique Logement Swaenevecht.
Once the couple was ready, we headed to the chapel, conveniently located less than 200 mts away. The chapel was beautifully decorated with floral bouquets that the bride helped prepare.
After the guests congratulated the bride and groom we headed to Slot Zuylen, which was also incredibly conveniently located right behind the chapel and where the guests enjoyed a variety of vlaais.
Vlaai was served in honor of the bride’s and her husband’s family birthplace being that they are originally from the Limburg province.
When the guests were done, we walked back to the chapel, to take 10 minutes of our group pictures.
Although the day started sunny, the sun started to hide behind the clouds and we moved quickly through our 30 minutes Loveshoot before it got darker in the gardens of Slot Zuylen capturing the perfect shots.
A beautiful detail from the bride was a pendant with the pictures of those dear ones no longer physically present but always in their hearts.
Once I was sure I was set with my couple shoots, we moved to the front of the chapel where the couple had a surprise for the guests: a boat ride. And, even though the rain greeted us on that exact instant everyone loved and enjoyed every second of it without getting bothered by the rain.
Upon our return, dinner was ready. And, the 120 guests enjoyed the delicious catering prepared by the chef at Slot Zuylen and delighted with anecdotes that their family and friends had prepared for them. The whole dinner was carried inside since the rain was still falling down.
After the delicious dessert and short break, we moved on to Bistro Belle, also located right next door to the chapel. And, the bride and groom opened the dance floor with their first dance.
And, as an extra surprise, the bride changed her dress onto a shorter and more comfortable one to delight the guests to a Rock n’Roll choreography.
The night ended with laughter, satisfaction, without rain, with a beautiful sunset and many beautiful moments that will be remembered by future generations.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.