9 Tips for an Autumn-Winter Wedding
If you are reading this post you probably don’t need any convincing that fall is a great time to have your wedding.
The breathtaking backdrop of the changing leaves, the flavorful menus with harvest produce, and the seasonal ample cheer combined with the fresh crispness of the air. And, on top of it all, an autumn wedding is just out of the peak wedding season, meaning a better chance of booking your dream venue and the possibility to hire the best vendors!
Whether your wedding plans got hijacked by the corona pandemic, or find yourself completely smitten by the season’s colors and love the coziness of sweater weather, in this post we are looking to inspire you with the wedding of your dreams.
And, I’m super excited to share that there are many ways to profit from what the season has to offer from the ceremony to the reception because every single detail can benefit from some seasonal flair. And that is why last week I joined a group of several masters in the wedding field to recreate a vision of possibilities.
So, let’s talk about the details….
1) The Location Venue: Choose a location with a lot of characters such as Kasteel Kerckebosch, more clearly, look for a location with the option of indoor and outdoor setting possibilities because in case of rain we must always be prepared with a plan B.
2) A waterproof Hair & Make-up will be always a good idea.
Just in case this happens:
3) When it comes to time… We advise you to schedule couples and family’s photo sessions as early as possible and remember that the days are significantly shorter during these months.
4) Seasonal flower decor… With falls’ greatest hits such as dahlias, golden roses, rust astilbe, or with the latest trend on dried flowers and greenery such as
And, don’t you love the flower crowns?
5) Adamant is a venue with plenty of nature within a walking distance for both the bride and groom as for the guests. This is key because in order to make the most beautiful pictures we must have the ceremony, wedding portraits, and reception within close proximity to make the most out of time and daylight.
6) Another aspect to consider should be looking for large windows that let plenty of light inside, this is an indispensable feature to create a romantic yet cozy atmosphere and unforgettable images.
7) For the wedding dress, the weather is perfect to wear those long lace sleeves or to even wear a cape!
8) When it comes to the color palette, get romantic with warm jewel tones, deep greens, a party full of reds and mustards. Or, why not? Get dramatic with “pumpkin, sage, and blush” or, “merlot, peach, and sage”. Mustard, actually, is among the wedding trend colors of this year. So, for added coordination why not ask your guests to dress according to your palette.
9) Love is in the details that make one’s party unforgettable with extra details such as:
Fall works for many couples because it doesn’t compete with family vacations, reunions, and holidays over the summer and spring. Don’t overlook the beauty of fall. Weddings can be even more fun when you add a little twist and uniqueness to it, and every fall wedding can pull that off effortlessly. When deciding autumn is surely a romantic season you will never
All photos by: Angie Peralta
Special thanks to my dear friend: Belinda Alvarado