“Il n’est rien de réel que le rêve et l’amour.” Anna de Noailles
Paris, the city of love, is the perfect location for any love shoot.
Lorenny and Joan, a beautiful couple from the Dominican Republic, chose for their pre-wedding loveshoot to be made in Paris. And, could anything be more perfect?
The beautiful buildings, the atmosphere, the history, the river Seine, and of course, the Eiffel Tower!
Paris, is a photographer’s dream, and always a good idea.
There are so many perfect locations to shoot that it is impossible to narrow it down to only my favorite ones.
But, to mention a few ideas, while in Paris consider:
- Trocadero, one of my most definitely favorite places, is a square with the best views of the Eiffel Tower. It is a beautiful stylish location that is perfect for a romantic session at sunrise.
- A stroll along the Seine, for the most romantic photos with a background of iconic landmarks.
- Pont Alexandre III, would be a favorite bridge.
- The Louvre, during the day this place is loaded with tourists and visitors but in the early morning or evening you have plenty of opportunity to make beautiful pictures.
- The Tuileries Gardens, near the Louvre, an idyllic place to walk around and make romantic photos.
- The Luxembourg Gardens.
- Sacre Coeur (from the back side, because the front is always full of people) .
- A stroll through Montmartre, You’ll find it located on a mountain with an outstanding view over Paris from Sacre Coeur. Here you’ll find the most beautiful streets with its cobblestone pathways. I particularly love Rue l’Abreuvoir. Note: It is best not to wear high heels if you plan on shooting here.
- Les Champs Elysées.
- And, some Parisian cafes.
When I’m booked for a love a shoot like this one, there’s always some golden knowledge to pass on in order to ensure the capturing of the most magical images. For example:
1.- It is best to skip weekends in order to avoid the crowds.
2.- Always make a booking in a centered hotel, preferably with large windows and a parisian balcony for bedroom pictures.
3.- Clothes, I advice always to choose your attire with plenty of time considering the season, perfect fit, a flattering color for your skin, and the look you wish to project.
4.- Early shooting. I always make sure to meet each other in the early morning. This way we find the most flattering light and the city is still fairly empty. On this particular shoot, we were in Trocadero at 6:30 and we already found about 5 other professional shoots taking place.
5.- In order to travel with speed from one location to the next, I advice to hire an Uber.
Photos by: Angie Peralta
Makeup: Melissa Morales
Hair: Express & Care